The ACT Fellowship is an opportunity for young professionals to contribute towards creating social impact at scale while building their own leadership skills and entrepreneurial abilities.
It offers a platform to learn from domain experts, gain invaluable experience in venture philanthropy and learn what it takes to catalyse collective action for social change; straight from the driver’s seat.
As an ACT Fellow, you will work with one of our verticals full time for a period of 9 months as a part of a structured program that includes but isn’t limited to:
Field research, sector mapping & analysis, potential grantee pipeline creation, due diligence processes, creating knowledge repositories etc.
Grant Making & Portfolio Management
Investment pitch preparation, creating and monitoring grants, grantee needs assessment, grantee impact analysis & articulation, outcome reporting etc.
Donor management, community mobilisation, partnerships & cross-sector collaborations, organising events, managing challenge grants, supporting incubation & acceleration programs etc.
This program will be a career shaping experience for individuals who are looking to join the social impact sector, work on impact investing or become a social entrepreneur.
- An in-person, 2 day Fellowship induction in Delhi with the entire cohort
- Regular interactions with leading startup founders that will enable Fellows to gain first-hand insight into pressing challenges as well as the latest innovations disrupting the social impact space.
- Invaluable exposure to ACT’s Investment Committee (IC) members and expert advisors – industry experts and seasoned investors who will meaningfully expand each Fellow’s view of the landscape.
Here’s a snapshot of the distinguished leaders Fellows can expect to learn from:
Dr. Ajay Nair
Dr. Nachiket Mor
- Quarterly in-person cohort meetings with the ACT core team across Delhi, Bangalore & Mumbai for a variety of deep, immersive experiences including (but not limited to) team stepbacks, field research to conduct landscape analysis and needs assessment, key meetings with government stakeholders, industry bodies, & sector specialists etc.
- On-going opportunities to engage in small groups or 1:1 conversations with sector leaders / IC members/ startup founders etc. as critical avenues for learning and personal mentorship.
- An action-packed Fellow retreat to conclude the 9 month intensive experience.
What Do You Stand To Gain?
The skills learnt through the course of this program will be exceptionally valuable and the connections made will last well beyond the Fellowship experience.
Each graduating Fellow, on successfully completing the program, will receive an experience letter from ACT and a letter of recommendation from one of our Board Of Advisors.
Who Are We Looking for?
Each year, the ACT Fellowship will accept a maximum of 6 Fellows into the program.
And so, we’re looking for the brightest young minds out there – those who can think on their feet, are hungry to learn, enjoy taking on challenges and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment.
You’re an ideal candidate if you:
- Are a graduate from an accredited university in or outside India
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in investment banking, investing, strategy consulting, high growth startup or social impact sectors
- Are a budding / aspiring entrepreneur with a vision to change the world
- Have previously managed projects end to end in a high rigour environment
For frequently asked questions, click here.
What Do You Get Paid?
Each Fellow will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs. 50,000; in addition to reimbursements for any travel expenses incurred for field research during the course of the program.
What Is The Selection Process?
Interested candidates will be asked to fill an online application form; those shortlisted will be invited for an in-person or virtual interview with a member of ACT’s leadership team. Selected candidates will undergo reference checks before being matched with an ACT vertical for their Fellowship.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we have limited spots, so interested individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications for the 2022 cohort are now closed; the program will commence on 15th September, 2022 and conclude on 16th June, 2023. Selected applicants will be notified via email soon!