This role will be responsible for collaboratively managing ACT For Education’s philanthropic fund w.r.t. strategy, execution and portfolio management as well as leading sourcing, fundraising & donor management. This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in a
fast paced startup environment and is energised by the idea of enabling social entrepreneurs leveraging tech and innovation to create social impact at scale.
- Fund Strategy: Studying the evolving landscape of ed-tech learning in India as well as globally, building the portfolio through sourcing, due diligence and performance assessments as well as helping the team refine the fund’s investment thesis and strategic areas of focus.
- Portfolio Management: Collaborating with grantee organisations on a range of strategic and operational areas like advisory, mentorship and network support across topics ranging from contextualising products, identifying distribution channels, building
monetization for scale, user acquisition, outcomes measurement etc.
- Donor Management: Supporting fundraising efforts and helming donor management including regular communication, reporting and engagement.
- Fund Management: Managing overall fund operations which include planning, budgeting, risk evaluation, successful implementation as well as monitoring and tracking etc.
The Ideal Candidate
You’re perfect for this job if you have:
- 3-6 years of work experience in a challenging, high growth environment
- Passion for the sector and motivation to help Indian children succeed
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects and achieving successful outcomes
- Strong communication skills, including writing and presentation abilities
- A knack for building strong relationships and managing internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work independently and proactively within a small team where collaboration, teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
Experience in consulting / entrepreneurship/ ed-tech startups will be an added advantage